Valentine’s Day 2018, CCL UK is taking part in Show the Love, an initiative by the Climate Coalition, with our own version of the green hearts.
There are plenty of ways for you to join in, not just to show the love for our climate and planet, but also to have a conversation with family, friend, colleague or MP about our workable solution, Carbon Fee and Dividend:
- Wear one (or both!) of the badges – citizen power or Carbon Fee and Dividend.
- Download and print out one (or both!) of the CCLUK posters – citizen power and/or carbon fee and dividend – and put it in your window or car or at work or community noticeboard, etc.
- Go to Facebook or Twitter and share/retweet the hearts.
- Email a heart to your network, using the points from the conversation card.
- Email or tweet the Carbon Fee and Dividend heart to your constituency MP. In an email you could use the conversation points (below) to say why you support Carbon Fee and Dividend.
Heartfelt Climate Conversation
You can download a sheet with both badges and the following conversation points, so you can keep them handy on Feb 14th:
- Are you concerned about climate change and air pollution?
- Do you know the main causes? (Answer: carbon dioxide, and other gases and particulates from the burning of fossil fuels)
- Did you know there’s a solution that will pay us for burning fewer fossil fuels?
Individual action won’t work fast enough to combat climate change.
Citizens’ Climate Lobby UK proposes a fee placed on fossil fuels when they enter the country, whether through import or extraction. This would encourage more investment into future clean energy available to everyone.
The money raised by this fee would be divided equally between UK citizens, which means that those who use alternatives to fossil fuels would come out ahead.
CCL UK members lobby our Government to adopt this Carbon Fee and Dividend.
There’s more information on citizensclimatelobby.uk
Have fun and let us know how you get on.